A strongly… educational museum!
Maison Louis-Cyr offers different types of tours. Indeed, whether it is for school activities, associative groups or even corporate, we know how to diversify our offers to meet your needs. You can contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (450-886-1666) to book your visit.
Interested in an educational visit with your class or school? Contact us to find out all the details about our extensive educational program, specially adapted to the learning of students in the 2nd and 3rd cycles of elementary school including educational activities, workshops as well as interactive modules and narratives.
Go back to a time when a large part of Quebecers deserted their homeland to go to work in “factories” in the United States, in a gloomy economic era, which clashes with this colorful character who was one of the richest men of his time. period and which was the precursor of Cirque du Soleil!
We are impatient to present to you this great character, this model of perseverance, still alive in the Quebec imagination. Contact us to book a visit for your group. We are pleased to welcome you!
Plan your visit
- Duration of the visit: 75 minutes.
- The museum can accommodate 1 group of 56 people at a time.
- Parking available for cars and buses in the heart of the village of Saint-Jean-de-Matha, next to the church and the museum.
- Maison Louis-Cyr is partially accessible to people with reduced mobility (access ramp).
- Restaurants nearby
Progress of the visit
- Visitors are welcomed in the "house" section, a real reconstruction of the period house where Louis Cyr and his family lived.
- A souvenir shop is also set up there, you will find original Louis Cyr souvenirs: his biography, artisan products, and more!
- Visitors will then be able to tour upstairs, including Louis Cyr's private bathroom as well as his daughter's bedroom, Emiliana.
- Finally, you will enter the annex, where Louis Cyr stored his equipment, now restored as a permanent exhibition room.
The cost of the guided tour is $ 7 per person (plus taxes) with one free for every 20 paying people.
Would you like to provide a cultural experience for your employees and / or colleagues? Would you like a private tour of our museum or are you looking for a team building activity?
Contact us for information about the various possibilities available for you.